Foosball tables are one of the most popular home arcade games. They are fairly compact and they are easy for kids and kids at heart to enjoy. If you have recently invested in a foosball table for your home, the excitement of playing can quickly be diminished by the task of assembling the table.
Full size foosball tables obviously require more work to assemble, but even small, table-top foosball tables will require some amount of assembly. To help you with this task, here’s a short guide to assembling a foosball table.
Things You Need Before Starting
Before you jump into assembling your foosball table, you need to collect some tools and supplies. Having the equipment you need to assemble your foosball table makes the task quicker and easier.
Don’t worry about the brand of foosball table that you’ve purchased. Most use the same tools for assembly. However, you will want to check the owner’s manual just to make sure you have everything you need. Start with the following:
- Allen key/wrench – this will probably be included with the foosball table.
- Screwdrivers – both a flat-head and phillips is a good idea.
- Hammer – you may or may not need the hammer, but better to be safe.
- Level – this is important for fair playing time.
Make sure you check the assembly instructions just to make sure you have all the tools you need. Then put all of the tools in easy reaching distance but out of the way so they don’t become an annoyance.
If you’ve ordered a full size foosball table, we recommend setting it up in the place it will be kept. You don’t want to assemble the table and then have to carry it around your house.
Foosball Table Set-Up: Step by Step Instruction
Now that you’ve got your tools you’re ready to start assembly. Here are basic step-by-step assembly instructions.
- Read the Instructions – Make sure that you have all the parts, tools and equipment you need. Then read the instructions so you know each step of the process.
- Legs First – The first thing you’ll do with your foosball table is attach the legs to the cabinet. To do this, turn the foosball table on to its top. Use the pre-drilled guide holes to align and attach the legs.
You may need to attach leg levelers to the bottom of the legs. You should do this before placing the table on the legs. Some tables will come with the levelers pre-assembled.
Turn the table right-side-up and set on the legs. This will make the rest of the assembly much easier.
- Attach the Players – Start by sliding one end of a metal rod into the port on the side of the cabinet. Determine which color players are going to face each direction. Slide the first player on to the rod, facing the correct goal. For rods that have multiple players repeat this process for the correct number of players.
- Attach Handles and Stoppers – When all of the players have been properly attached to each rod, you can attach the handles and stoppers to each rod. Make sure that one side has handles for one color player and the opposite side has handles for the other colored players. If you don’t have handles on the correct side, you will not be able to play properly. When the handles are installed, add stoppers to the opposite end of the rod. Stoppers will keep the rod from sliding out of the table during play.
- Attach Scorer – A scorer will be attached to the end of the table just above the goal.
- Attach Serving and Goal Guards – Your table may already have these parts attached, but if not, you’ll need to set in place the plastic edges that go around the goal and the holes used for serving the ball.
- Level the Table – Once you have everything attached, use your level to make sure that the table is fully level so there’s not an advantage to one team or the other. Adjustments can be made using the levelers on the button of the legs.
Once your table is level, you can start to play. If you have followed the instructions and prepared for assembly before getting started, this process shouldn’t have taken too long. Your table is now ready for fun, and hours of friendly and exciting soccer competition.